From The Team at Fleet Innovations we would like to welcome you to the PEAK mileage and fuel capture system. Thank you for purchasing your PEAK Trip Stick, we appreciate your business.
To register log in to www.peakmiles.com/register
Complete the details below as per your ‘Order is complete’ email which you should have received, then click on ‘Activate’.
Complete the fields below and click on ‘Register’.
Once you have registered you will be sent an email to confirm your email address. When confirmed you can log into your new PEAK Account.
Enter your new PEAK user name and password then click ‘Log in’.
Once you have logged in it is important to set your account up and if applicable add more users. Use the ‘Admin’ tab to set up the account.
- Manage Account – set up, monthly claims cut-off date, email reminders, business year end and if applicable cost of bunker fuel.
- Manage Mileage Rate – if you are not using the HMRC mileage rate as they are already loaded, you can build your personal pence per mile here.
- Manage Driver Grades – if you have made a personal pence per mile you will need to build a driver grade. (HMRC rates are already done for you).
- Manage Vehicles – this is where you load and assign users vehicles. When adding a new vehicle you can use the DVLA look up function. Enter your registration number then click ‘Look up’.
- Manage Users – if applicable you can add more users to the account, this can be either more drivers, managers or admin users.
You can also load the following to your account:
- Manage Clients – Load clients that your users will visit (companywide). Users can also load under their own account (non-companywide).
- Manage Journey Reasons – Load journey reasons, (companywide) i.e. sales meeting, users can also load under their own account (non-companywide).
- Manage Cost Centres – Add cost centres and assign them to users.
To download and install the latest software please go to ‘My Account’ and see ‘Download Software’ and follow the instructions on the page.
If you need any more help please see the self-help button in the bottom right-hand corner or please contact support on email@example.com
There are two installs you must do, in this order:
- PEAK GPS Dongle Drivers.
- PEAK GPS App.
Record Journeys and Upload
Plug the Trip Stick into your 12v or USB port in your vehicle. When a GPS signal is found the green light will start to flash. The Trip Stick is now recording. Once you have recorded journeys on your Trip stick it is time to upload.
To upload your journeys click on the desktop app called ‘Peak Trip Stick Uploader’. It should look like this:
Log into your account and click on ‘Upload’. The length of time it will take to upload is dependant on the amount of journeys/data that is on the Trip Stick.
Complete and Submit a GPS Claim
Once you have uploaded your claims from your GPS device you can now complete and submit your claim. To do this please go to ‘My Claims’ and click on ‘Pending Claims’.
Click on ‘View’ against the claim that you have just uploaded.
Once in the claim you will see all the journeys that have been recorded for the claim period as per the month cut-off date. To complete the claim you will need to select if the journey was business or personal, if business select reason for trip and client/person visited.
You can also view a map of the journey, edit (add notes, decrease mileage and change vehicle) and delete the journey.
Please note that if you are using the fuel log function you will need to load click on ‘Add Fuel Spend’ at this stage
Submit Your Claim
Once you are happy that your claim has been completed click the ‘Preview and Submit’ button.
At this stage you will see all personal journeys are removed from the claim, double check you are happy to submit your claim to your approver.
You will receive an email once the claim is approved or if set as a self approver the claim will be approved automatically.